Increase the beauty and value of your Albany home with our replacement windows! Huge Selection Available! Choose GVD Renovations' Albany window contractors for professional window installation & replacement services.
Request a Free* No-Obligation Quote & Expert Advice!
We Install Replacement Windows that are Energy Star® Rated, Energy-Efficient Windows and Custom Fit for Your Home! Add comfort, improve your home's value and save on heating and cooling costs.
Tap images to enlargeSee More Recent Projects
Homeowners in Albany often recognize the need for replacement windows well before they get around to replacing them. This is because most people are concerned about the cost of new windows, or they fail to realize how much money is leaking out of their home on a daily basis.
If you have old windows with poor seals, then replacing them will actually save you money. Sadly, many people don't even realize that their windows leak, but a simple inspection can ascertain whether replacement windows are right for you.
At GVD Renovations, our window installers offer full-service replacement window service - from initial inspection to product selection and installation. If you're ready to start saving money, give our window contractors a call today and find replacement windows that fit your needs, and your budget.
Our window installation process begins with a consultation with one of our experts, who will assess your home's specific needs and provide recommendations on the best type of windows for your situation. We will then work with you to select the style, material, and features that meet your preferences and budget. Once you have made your selection, our team will handle the entire installation process from start to finish, ensuring that your new windows are installed correctly and on time.
Anlin Windows is a California-based window company that specializes in energy-efficient vinyl replacement windows. Anlin windows are made from high-quality materials and are designed to withstand extreme weather conditions. They are available in a variety of styles and colors to match any home's aesthetic. GVD Renovations is an Anlin Windows Authorized Dealer.
Marvin Windows is a Minnesota-based company that offers a wide range of window styles, including wood, fiberglass, and aluminum-clad windows. Marvin windows are known for their high-quality craftsmanship and attention to detail, making them a popular choice among homeowners.
Andersen Windows is a well-known window company that has been in business for over 100 years. Andersen offers a variety of window styles, including vinyl, wood, and composite windows. Their windows are energy-efficient and are available in a variety of colors and finishes.
Milgard Windows is a California-based company that offers a wide range of window styles, including vinyl, wood, and fiberglass windows. Milgard windows are known for their durability and energy efficiency, making them a popular choice among homeowners looking for high-quality windows.
Simonton Windows is a Texas-based window company that specializes in vinyl replacement windows. Simonton windows are designed to be energy-efficient and durable, making them a popular choice among homeowners looking to improve their home's energy efficiency.
Because we offer a full line of products, you can also consider the overall design and aesthetic quality of the windows we install in your home. Our quality window products include:
If you have questions about what windows are right for you, give us a call and a sales manager will be happy to answer your questions and assist you in any way possible.
The cost to install new home windows can vary depending on a variety of factors, including the type of windows you choose, the size of your home, and the complexity of the installation process.
On average, homeowners in Albany can expect to pay between $500 and $1,000 per window for installation costs alone. This means that the total cost to install new windows in a standard-sized home can range from $5,000 to $15,000 or more. However, it's important to note that these figures are just estimates and your actual costs may vary based on your specific needs and circumstances.
Factors that can impact the cost of window installation include the type of window you choose, the size of your home, the number of windows you need, and any additional features or upgrades you choose. For example, custom-made windows or high-end materials can significantly increase the cost of installation, while basic vinyl or fiberglass windows may be more affordable.
It's also important to consider the long-term benefits of installing new windows, such as increased energy efficiency and improved curb appeal. While the initial cost of installation may seem high, the potential savings on energy bills and the added value to your home can make it a worthwhile investment.
When it comes to replacing windows in your home in Albany, there are two primary options: retrofit or new construction windows. Each option has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the best choice for you will depend on your specific needs and circumstances.
Retrofit windows, also known as replacement windows, are designed to fit into your existing window frames without the need for major modifications to your home's structure. This makes them a popular choice for homeowners who want to upgrade their windows without undergoing a full-scale renovation. Retrofit windows are typically less expensive than new construction windows and can be installed more quickly, making them a good option for those on a tight budget or timeline.
New construction windows, on the other hand, are designed for use in new homes or major renovation projects where the existing window frames are being removed. They require more extensive installation work and may involve changes to the exterior siding or trim of your home. However, new construction windows offer greater flexibility in terms of design and can be customized to fit your specific preferences and needs.
In terms of energy efficiency, both retrofit and new construction windows can offer significant improvements over older, outdated windows. However, new construction windows may provide slightly better performance due to the ability to install them with proper insulation and flashing.
Ultimately, the choice between retrofit and new construction windows will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Retrofit windows are a good option for those looking for a quick and affordable upgrade, while new construction windows may be better suited for those undergoing a major renovation or building a new home.
At GVD Renovations, we don't just sell replacement windows, we offer complete installation as a local contractor. This means you can order your windows from the comfort of your own living room, and arrange a date and time for window installation that works best with your busy schedule.
Our contractors will even haul away, and dispose of, your old windows, making the whole process effortless and hassle-free. Your new windows will withstand the pitfalls of your existing windows, eliminating your stress and worry while significantly lowering your power and home heating costs.
Additionally, new windows will increase the overall value of your home, and you never have to be concerned whether they will warp or rot over time.
Whether you are performing a historic remodeling of your home, or simply seeking to cut your energy costs and eliminate unwanted drafts, GVD Renovations has replacement windows that will conform to the parameters of your budget.
When you drive up to a home and it isn’t aesthetically pleasing, your eye has a tendency to look away to more attractive looking homes. There is no reason why your home should not be one of the most appealing homes in your neighborhood. Sometimes a simple change of a door can change the whole image of your home. Siding, countertops, windows, doors, pavers or maybe the addition of a porch can give your home a new lease on life. Contact GVD Renovations today and work with our professional contractor's to see what options await you to make your home stand out in your neighborhood. Don’t hesitate to call us today for your free in-home estimate!
Everything You Need Under One Roof
To Ensure Quality, Professionalism, and Competence
Decades of Combined Experience
Get Detailed Project Cost / Quote
One-Stop Shopping Experience
Dedicated to Excellent Service
Save Money on Your Home Renovation
We are fully insured with worker's compensation and general liability insurance to safeguard you and your home during our work.
The winds off Solano Avenue from the beautiful Berkley District of Thousand Oaks to the dive bars, strip malls, and automobile repair shops of San Pablo Avenue. Along the way, the area serves the needs of the middle-class, flourishing, and small community of Albany, California and the elegant Berkeley hills.
The region is much more than simply another shopping area. For openers, the area is dominated by small businesses. There are a few of them that represent dreamy-eyed local residents who are reaching for a fantasy, while others are institutions that are run by families.
However, the majority of the local people will have some kind of personal connection to where they work, which makes strolling next to Solano very different from a trip to the local mall. The businesses around Solano also reflect the diversity of the region, particularly in the numerous restaurants and dozens of home furnishings stores. There are unique, down-home, or upscale locations, or possibly all three. It can be very difficult to cover all the good ones.
There are small businesses and restaurants in many different varieties in Albany. Close to East Bay's only urban bowling alley, this area is the wildest portion of shoreline and a huge racetrack for miles. Albany is a real small community the midst of a big city known as the Bay Area, for a mile and a half square. This area combines the kind of police department that questions international residents with skateboarders, an active community, as well as a cultural life.
Culture and Sights
• The Albany Bowl: this bowling alley offers a pro shop, junior bowling leagues, and some 36 bowling lanes. Obviously, there are many different other kinds of attractions, such as six pool tables that can be rented by the hour, as well as a coffee shop that serves Thai food in addition to the usual greasy lunch and breakfast fare.
• Albany Sauna and Hot Tubs: The renamed Albany Sauna and Hot Tubs has been offering tension relief to the overworked residents in East Bay since 1934. It is a health haven. The saunas are the conventional type Finnish natural rock steam models that have the tubs that are open to the sky.
• Albany Twin: The Twin is owned by Landmark, which shows both independent and foreign films alike, that are more of the mass-market variety. The theaters are seldom ever crowded and are a decent size. Therefore, there is no reason to worry about the heads of people blocking the view of the subtitles.
• Albany Waterfront Park: A small amount of land that sticks out into the Bay between the freeway and the racetrack, is the location of the Waterfront Park. The space feels more than a little post-apocalyptic. Tangled nests of rebar stick up above the pampas, fennel, and sagebrush grass next to battered concrete. It hasn’t been long since the area was inhabited by artists and homeless people. There remain many signs of their presence, that include some tracks that lead mysteriously into the brush toward the remains of some ad hoc living places. In addition, there are some sweeping views of the bay, from Alcatraz to Richmond to Alcatraz, a rather large population of shore birds, homemade driftwood benches on a small beach with spectacular views, and there is one of the best urban-wilderness experiences anywhere. Also, there are occasional guerrilla art exhibits.
• Golden Gate Fields: The Golden Gate Fields isn’t exactly luxurious, but it makes up for it with opportunities to gamble and utilitarian facilities. Since the majority of people stay inside and are busy watching simulcasts of the other races and betting at the self-service terminals, the real race taking place outside can seem rather dull. Anybody can get close to the horses, although there is an extra charge for box seats high above the track or carrels that have individual monitors. Observers can stand with some other people and watch the horses strut their stuff in the paddock. It is possible to get sufficiently close to get a sense of the individual riders and horses as well as the drama of the owners' expectations. This makes it possible to have a good time without making wagers that might affect a future. There's a rumor going around with regard to the possible development of the underused north parking lot being developed into a mall or a casino in the future.
• Oaks Theater: This is a very nice Art Deco theater that is subdivided into two smaller theaters that show first-run films. At least one of the subdivided theaters is geared for the family market. There are numerous things to do and see in Albany, and many of them are very family friendly. Albany, California has a bright future and a rich history. This community has all of the amenities of a big city with the environment of a small town. Albany is a wonderful place to live, work, play, and raise a family.
Contact us today to receive a free, no-obligation estimate for your window replacement project!