Mobile home siding enhances the aesthetic appeal of your property, protects your home from physical and fungal damage, saves the environment from pollution, and increases property value. Regrettably, modern-day siding is not as durable as you would expect. Therefore, you find yourself spending a fortune in the end.
Even worse, most siding companies sell you low-quality products. Thus, you must prioritize on finding siding that can withstand rust, bugs, extreme weather, and dents. Luckily, this guide is definitive enough to better your understanding. Hence, read on.
Understanding Siding In Construction
A wall is a vital element in any home. That said; a superb wall shelters you during cold nights. Additionally, the ideal wall partition holds the roof in position. Most importantly, walls partition interior spaces for you, thus giving you enough privacy.
With the above facts in mind, you have no choice but to understand the structure of a traditional wall. Fortunately, building standards and conventions define the inner wall as a block made from paneling, insulation, studs, wiring, and a weatherproof plastic barrier. On the contrary, the mobile home siding makes up for the property’s exterior.
Why Is Siding For Mobile Homes Important?
Homeowners invest in siding for manufactured homes for the following reasons:
An old house is a disease! It attracts low incentives and encourages discomfort. However, a new property attracts respect. Recall, new siding make manufactured homes look great again. Additionally, the components improve your curb appeal. Therefore, you do not have to worry about your house losing its style and glamour.
2. Value Addition
Houses are like cars. They can lose value the moment you and your family settle down. Even worse, they attract low incentives when sold after years of use and misuse. However, it is when you install new siding that a house gains its value.
After all, your home will look better than other homes. Most importantly, professional home siding companies give you warranties on selected purchases. Therefore, you can transfer warranties to prospective buyers when the time to sell the property comes.
3. Weather and Bug Resistance
Extreme weather affects the condition and structure of your home. Moreover, beat-up homes attract bugs and other intruders. Simply put, severe weather forces you to spend hundreds of dollars on fumigation and repair.
Unfortunately, the above two techniques yield short-term results. They make the building uninhabitable too. Luckily, vinyl siding works like magic. After all, it is resilient to weather, mould, and mildew.
4. Ease of Installation
Most building companies spend weeks installing new walls for property owners. Regrettably, their presence irritates the inhabitants. With that in mind, most proprietors invest in mobile home siding because it is quick, and easy to install.
Did you know that wall cladding is more than versatile? Siding comes in different shapes, shades, and sizes. More so, you can customize your siding to fit into tighter spaces. That settled; you could pay for wood, metal, vinyl, insulated, or fibre cement cladding depending on your preference.
6. Affordability and Maintenance
Are the monthly power bills overstretching your finances? Then you need to invest in insulated vinyl siding soon. Remember, such cladding will prevent heat loss. Your monthly utility bill will then drop significantly because of better climate control.
Additionally, wall cladding comes in different shapes, shades, and sizes. Therefore, it is up to you to choose siding within your budget. Finally, the cost of maintaining siding for mobile homes is minimal.
Vinyl siding is the most resilient wall cladding on the market today. Recall, manufacturers make the product for the outdoor space, meaning it can resist dents, rust, and weather. That said; it is up to you to choose mobile home siding that lasts up to forty years.
Mobile Home Siding Installation
As you well know, home siding is only viable for replacement when it becomes unattractive. However, you must follow the following steps during installation to realize the best results.
- Prepare the working area: First, you must declutter the wall of existing siding and caulk. Secondly, you should remove peripheral installations like light bulbs and gutters to create more room for renovation. Finally, mobile home siding experts recommend that you add an extra layer of insulation on your work area. It will make the house energy efficient once residing is complete. Anyhow, you must consult them first to avoid compatibility issues.
- Install the corner post: Next, you need to update the look of your home using corner posts. However, before doing that, you must measure and cut a half-inch gap between the roof and the top-most part of the pole. Lastly, you should anchor the post using nails after every one foot.
- Trace a chalk line: Do you want to achieve uniformity? Then trace a straight line along the length of the mobile home. Doing so will help you install wall cladding fast. Finally, you can install the starter strip and nail the sidings on the wall. Anyhow, leave a one-quarter gap between each subsequent panel to hide the cuts away.
- Trim flashing: Lastly, install trim pieces around the doors and windows. However, ensure you use a mitersaw to gain the best results. Above all, keep the trims wider than the window to promote form, function, and aesthetics.
Where to Get the Best Siding For Mobile Homes
Let us help you make the best siding purchase decisions for your manufactured home, to get the best value for your money.